An enema is the injection of liquid through the rectum to motivate evacuation and system cleansing. Enemas are a valuable tool for cleansing your Liver and Colon and provide many additional benefits. But how can you perform an enema at home? Realistically, they are safe and easy when done correctly. If you want a quick, simple, and effective way of cleansing your liver, this brochure will show you how to perform a cleansing retention enema.
The Liver and Colon is a part of the digestive system and are responsible for extracting the water and salt to maintain body’s electrolyte balance, from waste, prior to release. The colon can be clogged due to waste clinging to its walls. This can cause: headaches, low energy level, vomiting, weight gain, skin allergies, constipation, joint pains, indigestion, fatigue, diarrhoea, vision problems, loss of memory, stress, bloating, etc. It can also lead to various diseases such as heart problems, asthma, gall bladder stones, skin allergies, kidney and liver ailments as well as cancer.
Step 1 - Understand what a cleansing enema is.
A cleansing enema is designed to be quick and easy, this enema is supposed to cause quick evacuation and help clean the colon.
There are several different kinds of cleansing enemas:
- ImmunoClean™ – saline enema (anti-parasite and immune supportive)
- Salted (saline) water enema (cleansing and hydrating of colon)
- Coffee enema (for liver and gallbladder support)
- Chamomile tea (soothing and effective to improve calmness and sleeping)
Step 2 - Gather your supplies.
Spurring an evacuation with the help of an enema is easy, yet you will need a few essential supplies:
- A couple of large, old towels or bath mat
- ¼ teaspoon of organic almond oil, olive oil, or coconut oil for rectal lubrication
- One liter boiled spring water
- Ground coffee (medium roast or green coffee beans / ground coffee)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (Himalayan / Celtic / sea salt)
- An enema kit. Various types of enema kits exist on the market.
Step 3 - Prepare the coffee for the Liver Cleanse Enema.
- Select a medium roast organic bean (or green coffee beans). Grind what you need for each enema you make.
- Add 1 scoop of coffee grind per liter water.
- Percolate coffee (or use plunger – steep for at least 10 minutes) and allow to cool – temperature should be just warmer than body temperature. Too cool or too hot will cause you to expel too soon (too hot can burn you obviously, so aim for just warmer than lukewarm).
- Add 1 teaspoon of Himalayan or Sea salt to the lukewarm solution to add minerals
Step 4 - Prepare the area where you will do the enema.
- Fold any towels on the bathroom floor close to the toilet to lie on – Make it a comfortable experience.
- Hold the insertion end of the tube over the bathtub or toilet.
- Open the clamp to let the liquid travel through the tube until it comes out to get rid of air pockets in the tube.
- Clamp the tube to stop the flow.
- Use some coconut or olive oil to lubricate the insertion tip on the end of the enema tube and onto the rectum.
Step 5- Insert enema tip and let fluid run into rectal passage by gravity.
- Lie on your back, with your knees drawn towards your chest. (Alternatively stand on your hands and knees and insert the pipe tip behind)
- Depending on your comfort level or size, it is best to lie on your left side with your knees drawn so that your upper legs form a 90° angle with your body, for easy insertion (This way people also find it easier to take in more liquid while resting on their L side).
- Once you are comfortable, insert the nozzle about 5-7 cm into the rectum.
- Stop if you feel any resistance and adjust the angle slightly until you can easily slide the nozzle in – do NOT force it in.
- Release the clamp OR open the tap (OR squirt in the liquid) depending on the equipment you have to run coffee enema in. Go slowly, gravity is best, as going too quickly can create the need to evacuate immediately.
Step 6 - Hold coffee (liquid) in for up to 15 minutes.
- The key to a successful enema is to take in and hold in the liquid until the body’s natural peristaltic movements begin. If you experience cramping, clamp the tube and take a deep Breath before continuing. Lightly massaging abdomen will also help.
- Take in from 250ml – 500ml coffee (if you are new to it) up to 1 liter of fluid.
- Once the fluid has run in, gently close the flow and remove the nozzle.
**It is easier to run 1 liter of enema liquid into you when your bowel has moved prior to doing the enema.
- Lie down on the floor on your left side (if you let the coffee run into you in any other position).
- Lying first on your left side for up to 5 minutes, then 5 minutes on your back, then 5 minutes on your right side before evacuating into the toilet.
- Work your way up to retaining the enema for 15 minutes when new at doing them – starting with 2 minutes per side…
Step 7 - Expel into toilet.
- After you have retained the liquid for several minutes, sit on the toilet, relax and release.
- Wait until you can expel all that you are urged to release
Final Step - You’re done. Clean the equipment.
- Clean your equipment by rinsing with hot water. Extra sterilization can be done by washing with a Hydrogen peroxide water solution or a white vinegar water solution
- Allow it to air-dry before storing. Wash your hands when you have finished.